Photo: Robb and Nicola receiving The Thomas Davies Memorial Trophy for The Best Wine in the competition. Presented by Lesley Griffiths MS Minister for Rural Affairs.
White Castle Vineyard triumphs at The Welsh Vineyards Association Welsh Wine awards with the following:
- the best PDO/PGI wine in the competition for their Red wine “Harry vintage 2021”
- The Thomas Davies Memorial Trophy for the best wine in the competition also with “Harry vintage 2021”
- Gold medal for the top red wine in the red wine category again with “Harry vintage 2021”
- Silver medal for both “Regent” Red wine vintage 2021 and “Rondo” red wine vintage 2016
- Silver medal for Sparkling white wine vintage 2019
- Bronze medal for both Gwin gwyn 2022 and Rosé vintage 2022
Both Robb and Nicola were delighted with the results and celebrated with friends and family and fellow vineyard owners at Llanerch Vineyard Hotel.
These accolades have rounded off another successful year both home and away for the couple. With harvest 2023 now safely in the vats it’s all hands on deck for the vineyards latest project of building their own winery.
Meanwhile stocking the drinks cupboard is one of the best bits of the festive run ups and White Castle Vineyard have a fine array of new release wines on the horizon, festive and delicious quality, awardwinning, Welsh wines.